If you search online, you will find tons of blogging guide for beginners from different authors. Their main objective is to help those who desire to own a blog to build one successfully. Some of the important blogging for beginners tips you will learn include, reading from other blogs similar to your dream blog, familiarize yourself with quality content, the platform they are using, The layout of their post, their well-crafted topics and their feedback channel.
From personal experience and tips on blogging I’ve read online, I will say blogging is a mixture of art and science. This makes the approach or step by step guide to blogging dynamic. To get the best blogging ideas as a beginner, try to learn from those who have done great work through it. Contacting them to be your coach is a welcome idea.
How to start a blog in 7 steps?
To become a great blogger, you have to follow these seven steps; it will guide you towards becoming an authority in your industry or blog niche.
- Choose a blog niche
- Get a domain name
- Register a good host
- Choose the right blogging platform
- Customize your blog
- Write organic content and publish online
- Promote your blog for more publicity.
What is the blog niche?
A blog niche means choosing a particular category on what to blog on. It can be personal finance, lifestyle, Technology, pet, outdoor, etc. No doubt everyone eats, so blogging about food as a niche is naturally a popular topic. Finance is also a good niche to venture into. Nobody goes out without clothes; this makes fashion one of the most searched blogs on a search engine.
How to choose the right blogging niche?
To get the right people visiting your website and possibly make a purchase, you need to follow these procedures to choose the right blog niche. Without this, even the best blog strategy will fail and hinder you from becoming successful. The entire process begins with finding topics that interest you, business centred around it, and the people you wish to fulfil their needs. With thousands of choices online, there is a whole lot to consider, and the entire planning process needs enough time spent on it. Follow the procedures below to choose the right blog niche.
- The first procedure in choosing the right niche is to pick up a topic you have so much passion writing about. If you are to blog on a product niche, how much interest do you have in the product? If you are able to trust the product 100%, you can pick it up as a niche. If not, you will find it difficult to convince your blog visitors that the product is fantastic, and the harder you try, the farther achieving success becomes.
- Being a startup blogger is not an excuse not to have knowledge of every element behind your blog topics. A good knowledge base is required, and this is what makes a good blog. More than 90% of your target visitors wish to answer one or two questions. More reason your blog should be a knowledge-based centre, where people either learn new things or a better way to undertake an old task.
- Conduct research on other business, and people who are currently blogging on the same niche. Look out for their strategy and follow their updates. This is one of the best blogging ideas that will make the high competition healthy for you. With this, you will develop more interest in your niche market to provide more value for your blog audience.
- You have to understand blogging is similar to other businesses, and but several factors into consideration. Understand the element of your desired niche You can learn different step by step guide to blogging through blogs like techxino, forums, and ICT books, to make sure you get every detail information that you need. All these enable you to top your competitors forever.
How to get the right domain for your blog?
Many bloggers regret choosing the wrong domain name for their online business because they didn’t have the required knowledge before making a purchase. If you are new to the word domain name, it is your blog’s home on the internet. You can get domain names from different companies like Namecheap, GoDaddy, Bluehost, and HostGator. But the main thing is, Choosing the right domain so that when people want to visit your site, they can easily remember what to type on their web browser.
What are the Benefits of choosing the right domains as a beginner blogger?
Sometimes startup bloggers and other online business owners try to cut down costs, by using the free platforms to host their business for free. Some use free WordPress, blogger, among other popular blogging platforms. The good side of it is that you pay little to nothing on this platform, but you stand a chance to lose all you’ve worked for, including your content when the platform disappears.
Registering a domain name is one of the best blogging tips on how to make a good blog because it shows your audience how serious in the blogosphere. It also shows your level of professionalism and not someone who is doing it for the short term. Even if you desire to change your web hosting, with your domain name, your blog visitors might not notice it, because you stand a huge change to retain your previous content.
Top guidelines to choose the right domain name
- Use your business name or choose something related to it.
- Choose something related to your niche or keywords
- Pick a universal domain extension (e.g. .com and .net)
- Choose a name your blog visitors can easily remember to type in their browser
- Keep it short but enticing
- Purchase an already registered quality domain
- Register high ranking expired domain names.
If you have done this, then you can move to the next stage of your blogging career, which is hosting your domain, choosing the right blogging platform, customize your blog, write and publish useful content, then run a promotion for publicity, before you venture in monetization.
If you are a beginner blogger and you wish to hit the success line on time, please use the comment box below for questions or contributions.